AIR DUCT CLEANING
A furnace needs regular maintenance to make sure that it can provide heat efficiently. We recommend yearly maintenance checkups and routinely checking the furnace air filter to prevent the filter from clogging. Air duct cleaning should be conducted every two or three years for a healthier home. Benefits to newly cleaned air duct system runs more efficiently, resulting in lower utility bills and a cleaner, less dusty home.
Air Duct Cleaning
Air ducts are important to your furnace heating systems. Clean air ducts ensure that your furnace is running efficiently and not spread contaminants into the air. If the ducts for your heating system are not kept cleaned they can collect mold & growth, causing the people in your household to experience breathing problems and allergic reactions.
These are some signs your air ducts need to be cleaned:
• Visible mold growth inside the hard surface ducts or other air duct components
• Animal infestation in the air ducts
• Clogging caused by dust or debris
Duct cleaning involves:
• Supply and return air ducts and registers: all of the air circulating through your home goes through these air ducts and registers
• Grilles and diffusers: allow air to come and go through the air ducts and registers
• Heat exchangers: provide the way in which the furnace heats the air before releasing it
• Heating and cooling coils: aid the heat exchanger with the heat transfer
• Drip pans: collect condensation from inside the furnace
• Fan motor and housing: the motor moves the air through the furnace while the housing protects the fan from dust and particles
• Air handling unit housing: inside the housing are many parts of the furnace blowing system which may include a humidifier, filters and other heating and cooling components.